About the Product
- Granny Smith apples are small to medium-sized fruits with a diameter of 5 to 7 cm with a variety of shapes including round, oval, and conical.
- When ripe, the skin is smooth, hard, chewy, and thick, and it is covered with small white lenticels.
- The apples may also develop a yellow to pink blush in cooler climates.
- The white flesh is solid, crisp, and faintly watery beneath the surface, with a fine, grainy consistency, encasing a central, fibrous core loaded with small, brown-black seeds.
- Granny Smith apples have a tangy, tart flavor with a balanced sweetness and acidity.
Health Benefits Of Eating Granny Green Apple
- Green apples have a high fiber content, which slows digestion and keeps you feeling fuller for longer. Furthermore, the high water content helps you feel as though you have a lot of food in your stomach without the added calories.
- Green apples are high in Vitamin C, Vitamin A, antioxidants, and phytonutrients, making them an excellent diet for vision improvement. These micronutrients protect the lens and the outer layer of the eyes from damage and infections, aid wound healing, and protect the lens and the outer layer of the eyes.
- For people who already have asthma, eating one green apple per day can be quite beneficial because it strengthens the immune system and helps the body cope with the condition better.
- Green apples provide a number of health benefits, one of which is improved bone health. Green apples are high in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds, which aid to strengthen bones. So, if you eat an apple every day, you'll be able to wave goodbye to joint pain!
Storage and Uses
- Unwashed apples should be kept in the refrigerator's coldest section.
- To avoid shriveling, maintain your refrigerator around 33 to 35 degrees Fahrenheit with some humidity.
- Sort your apples frequently, removing any broken ones for juice or sauce. One rotten fruit can ruin the whole crop!
- Apples should not be stored near items that have a strong odor, such as onions and garlic. Apples are prone to absorbing the odors of such foods.
- Apples should also be kept away from potatoes since they emit a gas that causes apples to deteriorate as they age.
- Consider using a second refrigerator or storing the box in a cool, dark location to store a full box of apples. Wrapping each apple in paper adds further protection and delays ripening
Nutritious Value Of Granny Green Apples
Here are the nutrition facts for one raw, unpeeled, medium-sized apple (100 grams):
- Calories: 56
- Carbs: 14.9 grams
- Fat : 0.2 grams
- Sodium: 1.1 mg
- Dietary Fibre: 2.6g
- Protein: 0.3 grams
Other Product Info
Country of origin: New Zealand
Best if consumed within 3 days of delivery.
- Clean & Hygienic: We use clean and well-maintained facilities for packing and storing fruits and vegetables.
- Food safety: Our Vendors follow all the food safety norms as per FSSAI guidelines
- Guaranteed Weight: Net weight of the Product will be equal to or greater than the mentioned weight.
*If any product doesn't meet your expectations, return at door-step with no questions asked