About the Product
- Garcinia mangostana (mangosteen) is a tropical fruit with a slightly sweet and sour taste.
- It's native to Southeast Asia, but it can now be found in a variety of tropical climates around the world.
- Because of the deep purple hue of the skin when fully ripe, the fruit is frequently referred to as purple mangosteen. The juicy inside flesh, on the other hand, is a dazzling white color.
Health Benefits Of Eating Mangosteen
- Mangosteen is a low-calorie fruit that contains a number of vital vitamins, minerals, and fiber. These nutrients are necessary for a variety of bodily processes.
- Mangosteen contains antioxidant-capable vitamins as well as xanthones, a unique class of antioxidant chemicals that may help to prevent cancer
- The plant components and fiber in mangosteen may have anti-inflammatory properties.
- Obesity. Obese or overweight people who take a product comprising mangosteen and Sphaeranthus indicus (Meratrim) twice a day appear to lose weight.
- A severe periodontal infection (periodontitis). In persons with severe gum disease, applying a gel containing 4% mangosteen powder to the gums after a particular cleaning helps to prevent loose teeth and bleeding.
Storage and Uses
- A ripe fruit will keep for a few days at room temperature.
- Mangosteens, unlike mangos, should not be frozen since refrigeration or freezing causes damage quickly.
- Keep it around 10°C for prolonged storage, which will keep it in good shape for several weeks.
- Mangosteen can be eaten raw or in a fresh fruit salad with other fruits. Some people juice them whole, including the shell.
- Mangosteen can be used to make ice cream, sorbets, and a variety of other desserts, including mangosteen clafouti.
- Serve it as a garnish for Asian puddings like Thai tapioca pudding. Mangosteen can also be used to provide a sweet layer of flavor to savory meals.
Nutritious Value Of Mangosteen
1-cup (196-gram) serving of canned, drained mangosteen offers:
- Calories: 143
- Carbs: 35 grams
- Fiber: 3.5 grams
- Fat: 1 gram
- Protein: 1 gram
- Vitamin C: 9% of the Reference Daily Intake (RDI)
- Vitamin B9 (folate): 15% of the RDI
- Vitamin B1 (thiamine): 7% of the RDI
- Vitamin B2 (riboflavin): 6% of the RDI
- Manganese: 10% of the RDI
- Copper: 7% of the RDI
- Magnesium: 6% of the RDI
Other Product Info
Country of origin: Thailand
Best if consumed within 3 days of delivery.
- Clean & Hygienic: We use clean and well-maintained facilities for packing and storing fruits and vegetables.
- Food safety: Our Vendors follow all the food safety norms as per FSSAI guidelines
- Guaranteed Weight: Net weight of the Product will be equal to or greater than the mentioned weight.
*If any product doesn't meet your expectations, return at door-step with no questions asked