About the product
- Packham pears are medium to large in size and are irregular in shape with a bulbous, wide bottom that tapers to a smaller rounded neck with a slender, dark brown stem.
- Similar in appearance to a bartlett pear, the skin transforms from green to pale yellow when ripe and is covered in patches of russeting, prominent lenticels, and small, smooth bumps.
- The flesh is white to ivory and is fine-grained, moist, and soft encasing a central core with a few, black-brown seeds.
- When ripe, Packham pears are juicy and creamy with a sweet, aromatic flavor.
Health Benefits Of Eating Packham Pear
- Pears are highly nutritious. They are especially rich in folate, vitamin C, copper, and potassium. They are also a good source of polyphenol antioxidants.
- Pears offer dietary fiber, including prebiotics, which promotes bowel regularity, constipation relief, and overall digestive health.
- They are rich in potent antioxidants, such as procyanidins and quercetin, that can boost heart health by improving blood pressure and cholesterol. Eating pears regularly may also reduce stroke risk.
- Eating pears regularly may help you feel full because of their high amounts of water and fiber. In turn, this may help you lose weight.
Storage and Usage
- Packham pears are best suited for both raw and cooked applications such as baking or poaching.
- They can be served fresh, out-of-hand as a snack, sliced and mixed into leafy green salads, tossed in fruit or pasta salad, layered on cheese boards with nuts and other fruit, blended into smoothies, or sliced over vanilla ice cream.
- They can also be poached in red wine, poached in butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon, or drizzled with honey and baked until caramelized.
Nutrition Value Of Packham Pear
A medium-sized pear (178 grams) provides the following nutrients:
- Calories: 101
- Protein: 1 gram
- Carbs: 27 grams
- Fiber: 6 grams
- Vitamin C: 12% of the Daily Value (DV)
- Vitamin K: 6% of DV
- Potassium: 4% of the DV
- Copper: 16% of DV
Country of Origin: South Africa
Best consumed within 3 days of becoming ripe
- Clean & Hygienic: We use clean and well-maintained facilities for packing and storing fruits and vegetables.
- Food safety: Our Vendors follow all the food safety norms as per FSSAI guidelines
- Guaranteed Weight: Net weight of the Product will be equal to or greater than the mentioned weight
*If any product doesn't meet your expectations, return at door-step with no questions asked