About the Product
- Papayas have a pear-like shape and can grow up to 20 inches (51 cm) in length. Unripe skin is green, ripe skin is orange, and the flesh is yellow, orange, or red.
- The fruit of the Carica papaya plant is papaya.
- It's native to Central America and southern Mexico, but it's now grown all over the world.
Health Benefits Of Eating Papaya
- The papaya is a tropical fruit that is strong in vitamins C and A, as well as fiber and plant components that are good for you.
- It also contains papain, an enzyme that is used to tenderize meat.
- Papaya has potent antioxidant properties that may help to minimize oxidative stress and lessen your risk of a variety of ailments.
- According to a preliminary study, the antioxidants in papaya may cut cancer risk and potentially slow cancer progression.
- The high vitamin C and lycopene content of papaya may help to promote heart health and lower your risk of heart disease.
- Many diseases are caused by chronic inflammation. Carotenoids included in papayas can help to decrease inflammation.
Storage and Uses
- At room temperature, papaya will ripen in a few days, and in a paper bag, it will ripen even faster.
- If not carefully stored once ripe, it will quickly turn to mush. While the fruit ripens, leave the peel on.
- Refrigerate ripe papaya to halt the ripening process; whole fruit can be stored in a plastic bag for up to a week.
- Cut papaya should be frozen in rigid containers or heavy-duty plastic freezer bags.
- Papaya is a fruit that is both soft and adaptable. This implies it can be used in a variety of recipes. Consider the following sample preparation methods:
- With fresh papaya, pineapple, and mango, make a tropical fruit salad.
- For a blast of fresh fruity taste, muddle papaya into a glass of lemonade, iced tea, or water.
- With papaya, mango, jalapeño, red peppers, and chipotle pepper, make a delicious salsa. Serve with fish tacos as a topping.
- Frozen papaya slices can be added to smoothies. For a delightful tropical dessert, combine pineapple juice, half a frozen banana, and Greek yogurt.
Nutritious Value Of Papaya
One small papaya (152 grams) contains (2):
- Calories: 59
- Carbohydrates: 15 grams
- Fiber: 3 grams
- Protein: 1 gram
- Vitamin C: 157% of the RDI
- Vitamin A: 33% of the RDI
- Folate (vitamin B9): 14% of the RDI
- Potassium: 11% of the RDI
- Trace amounts of calcium, magnesium, and vitamins B1, B3, B5, E, and K.
Other Product Info
Country of origin: India
Best if consumed within 3 days of delivery.
- Clean & Hygienic: We use clean and well-maintained facilities for packing and storing fruits and vegetables.
- Food safety: Our Vendors follow all the food safety norms as per FSSAI guidelines
- Guaranteed Weight: Net weight of the Product will be equal to or greater than the mentioned weight.
*If any product doesn't meet your expectations, return at door-step with no questions asked