About the Product
- The Royal Gala apples have a slightly sour peel and honey flowery flesh.
- They look regal with lovely golden-colored streaks, as their name suggests.
- This tasty, juicy apple is a mix between a Golden Delicious and a Kidd's Orange Red and is small to medium in size with a thinner skin.
- With a somewhat sweet and floral scent, the texture is consistently firm and crisp.
Health Benefits Of Eating Royal Gala Apple
- According to research, they contain high levels of polyphenols at all stages of ripening, with catechin being the most common form.
- They appear to reduce the primary risk factors for heart disease, thereby protecting against it.
- Royal Gala Apples can reduce obesity-related inflammation if consumed thrice a day.
- Royal gala Apple juice can assist in reducing total cholesterol, triglycerides, and LDL (bad) cholesterol levels, while HDL (good) cholesterol levels may see an increase
- This apple type has a high fructose content, making it a strong source of energy.
- The apple has about 10mg of vitamin C, which is good for the immune system and can help generate collagen for healthy skin and wound healing.
Storage and Uses
- Gala apples, like all other apples, should be stored in the refrigerator. Keep them in the refrigerator's bottom drawer. The best option is to use a perforated plastic bag, which allows some moisture to escape while keeping the apples crisp.
Galas have a buttery flavor and make a fantastic sauce. The apple should be peeled and cored before being finely chopped. In a saucepan, combine it with a pinch of sugar and just enough water to coat the bottom of the pan (the water will help the apple break down quicker, keeping a fresher flavor).
Cook, covered, over medium heat until the apple begins to soften. Reduce the heat to low and stir often with a wooden spoon until the apples are soft enough to smash easily for about 15 to 20 minutes.
Nutritious Value Of Royal Gala Apples
Apple Nutrition Facts – One Medium Apple (*One medium-sized apple, fresh, raw, with skin)
- Calories 81
- Carbohydrate 21 grams
- Dietary Fiber 4 grams
- Calcium 10 mg
- Phosphorus 10 mg
- Iron .25 mg
- Potassium 159 mg
Other Product Info
Country of origin: New Zealand
Best if consumed within 3 days of delivery.
- Clean & Hygienic: We use clean and well-maintained facilities for packing and storing fruits and vegetables.
- Food safety: Our Vendors follow all the food safety norms as per FSSAI guidelines
- Guaranteed Weight: Net weight of the Product will be equal to or greater than the mentioned weight.
*If any product doesn't meet your expectations, return at door-step with no questions asked