About the Product
- Manilkara zapota is the scientific name for a wonderful tropical fruit that belongs to the Sapotaceae family.
- Mexico, Central America, and Caribbean islands are all home to this species. Chickoo, chikoo, lamoot, sapodilla, sapodilla plum, nose berry, and sapoti are all names for the same plant.
- Karnataka, Gujarat, Maharashtra, West Bengal, Andhra Pradesh, and Tamil Nadu are among the states in India where it is commonly grown.
Health Benefits Of Eating Sapota
- Polyphenol, found in the natural plant chemical in Sapota, helps neutralize acid production in the gut
- The many minerals calcium, phosphorus, copper, and iron found in sapota contribute to bone strength.
- Sapota is high in vitamins C and A, as well as antioxidants, which help to activate the immune system, scavenge free radicals,and reduce the risk of chronic diseases.
- Because it's high in fructose and sucrose, sapota gives you a burst of energy right away. It's a great fruit to eat during a workout because it provides a quick dose of natural energy.
- Sapota is an excellent fruit for improving skin health and appearance. Vitamins A, C, E, and K are abundant in sapota, which keeps the skin nourished and regenerate skin cells.
- The high concentration of polyphenols, flavonoids, and antioxidants in this product makes the skin wrinkle-free, enhances the complexion, slows the aging process, and gives it a natural glow.
Storage and Uses
- The fruits are perishable and can be stored for a maximum of 7-8 days after harvesting in normal conditions.
- Because sapota is a climate-sensitive fruit, it must be ripened artificially.
- The best way to consume Sapota is to wash it under running water before eating it. After that, split the Sapota in half, discard the seeds, and scoop out the meat.
- It's delicious on its own as well as in smoothies and salads.
Here's a recipe for a fantastic Chickoo Milkshake:
In a blender, combine the cashew nuts, sugar, and milk. Then add the chickoo and blend until everything is smooth.Pour the shake into glasses.Serve with ice cubes and chopped nuts as a garnish. Take pleasure in your Nutty Chickoo Milkshake.
Nutritious Value Of Sapota
Important nutrient value in 100 g sapota
- Energy (Ecals) - 98Moisture (gm) - 74
- Protein (gm) - 1
- Fat (gm) - 1
- Mineral(gm) - 0
- Fibre(gm) - 3
- carbohydrates(gm) - 21
- calcium(mg) - 28
- Phosphorous(mg) - 27
- Iron(mg) - 1
Other Product Info
Country of origin: India
Best if consumed within 3 days of delivery.
- Clean & Hygienic: We use clean and well-maintained facilities for packing and storing fruits and vegetables.
- Food safety: Our Vendors follow all the food safety norms as per FSSAI guidelines
- Guaranteed Weight: Net weight of the Product will be equal to or greater than the mentioned weight.
*If any product doesn't meet your expectations, return at door-step with no questions asked