About the Product
- The Vermont Beauty pear is rectangular in shape and medium in size.
- The skin has a lovely greenish-yellow color with grey lenticels.
- Forelle, which is most likely the same pear as Vermont Beauty, is German for "trout," referring to the grey speckles on the skin that resemble trout skin.
- The white flesh has a melting, buttery texture and is normally fine-grained, though rougher in the core.
- The flavor is excellent, fragrant, and has flowery and vinous undertones.
- The resilient tree yields a large number of fruits.
Health Benefits Of Eating Vermont Beauty Pear
- Pears are high in vitamin C, vitamin K, and copper, which help to fight free radicals that damage our cells.
- The presence of fiber in pears is one of the best benefits, as it lowers cholesterol in the body and so protects us from heart disease. Consumption of fiber-rich foods such as pears on a daily basis can reduce the risk of stroke by up to 50%.
- Pears have a high fiber content, which attaches to cancerous cells and removes them, preventing colon cancer. After menopause, a pear a day can reduce the risk of breast cancer by up to 34% in women.
- Pears, despite being slightly sweet, help manage blood sugar levels and prevent diabetes due to their low glycerin index and high fiber content.
- A medium-sized pear supplies about 20-25 percent of the daily fiber requirement. Because its fiber is insoluble, it quickly passes through the colon, preventing colon polyps. Digestion is aided and improved by the high fiber content.
Storage and Uses
- It's served as a dessert or with strong cheeses like Pecorino, Parmesan, Stilton, Gorgonzola, and Roquefort.
- The pears were peeled, quartered, or halved, and the cores were scooped out using a melon baller.
- Pear sherbert is made by blending pear with sugar and a little lemon juice, then freezing it.
- Pears pair well with a variety of components, including species, nuts, masala, and port.
- Cooked pears can be used in savory meals or made into chutney.
- Preserve pears by candying them with sugar or vinegar and pickling them with mustard seeds and horse radish.
- Jams and jellies can be made from juice, and it can also be blended with other fruits like berries.
Nutritious Value Of Vermont Beauty Pear
A medium-sized pear (178 grams) provides the following nutrients :
- Calories: 101
- Protein: 1 gram
- Carbs: 27 grams
- Fiber: 6 grams
- Vitamin C: 12% of the Daily Value (DV)
- Vitamin K: 6% of DV
- Potassium: 4% of the DV
- Copper: 16% of DV
Other Product Info
Country of origin: South Africa
Best if consumed within 3 days of delivery.
- Clean & Hygienic: We use clean and well-maintained facilities for packing and storing fruits and vegetables.
- Food safety: Our Vendors follow all the food safety norms as per FSSAI guidelines
- Guaranteed Weight: Net weight of the Product will be equal to or greater than the mentioned weight.
*If any product doesn't meet your expectations, return at door-step with no questions asked